Author Topic: What To Do Next: Location  (Read 17234 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: What To Do Next: Location
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2012, 08:34:02 AM »
Don, can you give me a run-down on what the gun laws are there, or a link where I can go for that information?  I believe TN and NC have reciprocity as far as concealed carry.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2012, 06:28:17 PM »
Don, can you give me a run-down on what the gun laws are there, or a link where I can go for that information?  I believe TN and NC have reciprocity as far as concealed carry.

Pan, this should give you the info you need.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/tennessee.pdf

http://www.tn.gov/safety/handgunmain.shtml
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2012, 06:55:34 PM »
I just don't know what to do.  I hate to say it but I have to stay employed.  I have a family to take care of and a wife that won't leave her aging mother.  If I sold my house I would be just on the + side (maybe $20K-$50K profit) but I have nearly nothing in the bank and 2 401k's and 2 IRA's.  If it were just me I'd cash out all of the retirement money (pay the tax) sell everything and find a nice secluded area in North Texas or some other "Red" location, find an under the table job busing tables or short order cook or something to try and stretch what ever $$'s I had. I just don't know.

Then wait/stay.  (My unsolicited and possibly unwanted advice.)  Make some security-type preparations for where you are -- water/food/fuel/you know the drill.

She's right,basic safety and food and water preps are the way to go at whatever level you can. That still puts you far and away ahead of most out there.

Did ... did he just say I was right?!    ::falldownshocked::

I was tired when I said that. ::oldman::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2012, 07:57:21 AM »
FWIW -

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/this-is-the-most-anti-obama-county-in-the-u-s-it-aint-worth-a-damn/

Just a cover story for the 100 percent Obama counties.

;)  Yes, good call, it is a CNN report after all.  (Plus they like singling out rednecks to ridicule as being especially "out-of-touch" & "racist" & whatever...)

:P

Libiots!   ::asskicking::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2012, 08:01:51 AM »
Yes and they always dutifully report poor grammar verbatim. When they are interviewing a typical hood rat on the other hand, they always make an effort to clean up the grammar of the respondent when it goes to print.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2012, 11:15:42 AM »

It is a good choice though, wiki says it has a little history:

"Its county seat is Guthrie.[2] King County has the third smallest population of any county in the United States, ranking behind only Loving County, Texas, and ... . The county was named for William Philip King, who died at the Battle of the Alamo.

The 6666 (called four six Ranch), founded 1883, is situated in King and adjacent Dickens County. ... ."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2012, 06:03:50 PM »
2012 Maps  to the county level, squashed/expanded to represent actual population

Based on County win for Obama/Romney

Based on % vote, with purple in the middle

and based on county voting more than 70% republican vs Democrat..

And there you have it. The Rule of the City Mouse over the Country Mouse. You know, until the country mice decide the City mice shouldn't get any more food.  The Solid red area in the second map corresponds to Southern Idaho and Utah ( I think)

charlesoakwood

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2012, 07:10:18 PM »

Per OReilly two minutes ago, the majority of votes
to Obama were from folks who earn 30K or less.
That means not enough people, like those 3 million
we lost who voted for McCain, DID NOT VOTE.

There were not enough earners voting.  Not enough
people who make over 40K voted.  My question to
any beotching about the outcome is: DID YOU VOTE.

It's depraved and disgusting that there are those,
not here but out in the world, that we associate
with DID NOT VOTE and they are the fault.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2012, 07:25:33 PM »

Gunsmith and I absolutely DID VOTE.  For Romney.  We'd have crawled over broken glass to vote against Obongo.  My parents and brother DID VOTE for Romney in NJ -- not much help there, I admit, nevertheless, they did.

And, BTW, I spoke to my brother yesterday, first time since the election.  He told me he walked around in a state of dismayed shock all day that Wednesday.

Now, for the future ....

For me, voting for Romney was not as painful as for some, but I'm here to tell you and mark me well:

THAT'S IT. 

I have voted in my last nose-holding election and that goes for 2014.  Anybody who has a problem with that, or will, should tell me now, and I'll jump off this forum and leave y'all to it, because it's not up for debate, negotiation, or a question of "glands".

That is all.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2012, 07:48:45 PM »

Gunsmith and I absolutely DID VOTE.  For Romney.  We'd have crawled over broken glass to vote against Obongo.  My parents and brother DID VOTE for Romney in NJ -- not much help there, I admit, nevertheless, they did.

And, BTW, I spoke to my brother yesterday, first time since the election.  He told me he walked around in a state of dismayed shock all day that Wednesday.

Now, for the future ....

For me, voting for Romney was not as painful as for some, but I'm here to tell you and mark me well:

THAT'S IT. 

I have voted in my last nose-holding election and that goes for 2014.  Anybody who has a problem with that, or will, should tell me now, and I'll jump off this forum and leave y'all to it, because it's not up for debate, negotiation, or a question of "glands".

That is all.

Before you go.....Can we have the boobie emoticon?   ::whoohoo::
Sorry, thought we needed a little levity.

I'm too tired to cry or care. I've already stated I'm in selfish mode, want a compromise to prolong our demise long enough for me to gather as much stuff as I can. If I can time it, I want to go buy a mountain of stuff on credit before the crash.

I talked to one of my old employees today. Worked for my old company longer than I had, 25 years. Good lady, did a great job for me.....She is destroyed with the closing of my old branch. We discussed this stuff on another thread, they closed it up, or the decision became easier, with the re election of obama. Her husband didnt have a high school diploma, but they are hard working people, proud, probably qualified for some stuff, but wouldn't take it.

I told her to take what she can get. Draw unemployment, food stamps, housing.....I don't know if they will. Frankly, she couldn't believe I suggested it and I attempted to explain the world has changed.

So I'm depressed. A lot of good people are gonna get hurt. I feel I've let her family down in a way.

On second thought,a boobie emoticon really wouldn't help matters.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »

Yes,  yes,  and yes. 
Every time I hear or read about who did and did not vote I get more steamed.  The demographers know exactly who did not vote.  I want them to hone in on that three million McCain voters that did not turn out. I want to know exactly who they are.  I want to know who those above 40K that did not turn out are also. Those are the ones, those people are worse than the Democrat scum.  They are the rot that feeds the scum.  We need Tide, Clorox, vinegar and water; we need to mix it and pour it over these people.  I guarantee they will dissolve on the spot.
(A boar bristle brush may be necessary on highly soiled areas.)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2012, 08:40:01 PM »
Nothing has changed the past 30 years...it's candidate selection and the candidate's strategy and tactitcs...and the Ruling Class has held sway except for the Reagan elections of 1980 & 1984...the lesson is OBVIOUS...buck the Ruling Class and appeal directly to the people!  What did the Tea Party do?  They bucked the Ruling Class and appealed to the people!  The GOP is in the clutches of the Ruling Class and it appears nothing will be done to challenge that from the inside or the outside.  Palin had a chance to do that but bowed out this go-around.  I think that was a mistake, but, whatever, it is done.

You are not alone Pan, not by far, so you ain't goin' anywhere darlin', not yet anyway!  But I do expect Galt notices and that is as it should be.  Where we can I hope we all stay in touch...I for one might enter a permanent melancholy if y'all abondone me!

:'(

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »

They did, and the votes got "lost" - you don't get 99-100% of the vote except in 3rd world dictatorships.
That, and there is some evidence to suggest that team Obama hacked Romney's ORCA, to disable it, thus hampering the GOP ground game and their ability to "get out the vote"
IN a contest with people who think its "clever" to not follow the rules the only solution is violence. The game is rigged. They know its rigged. They let some counties go to 99% to show they know its rigged. They don't care.
Until the Right and the GOP learn that,  there is nothing we can do. They use our tendency to follow rules against us. They use our tendency to act civility  against us. They use or tendency to forgive against us.  And they laugh when they do it, just as much as when Terrorists laugh at TSA harassing Granny instead of Olive skinned  men 21-35.

There is no nonirritating with people who do not  find the outcome of such negotiations binding.  The Constitution isn't binding. Morality isn't binding.  Nothing is binding to them if they see a chance to take advantage. You can't live and let live with people like that. They cheated. They will continue to cheat because they see no reason why they shouldn't. You have only one logical response.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:03:10 PM by Weisshaupt »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2012, 09:14:29 PM »

No, it won't and even if it did, the answer is still no.

I don't understand why you feel you let the woman's family down ... well, maybe I do.  You're a decent sort who feels bad he can't help when he can't help.  But you did help her; you told her to get on the dole, and, more importantly, why.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »
Nothing has changed the past 30 years...it's candidate selection and the candidate's strategy and tactitcs...and the Ruling Class has held sway except for the Reagan elections of 1980 & 1984...the lesson is OBVIOUS...buck the Ruling Class and appeal directly to the people!  What did the Tea Party do?  They bucked the Ruling Class and appealed to the people!  The GOP is in the clutches of the Ruling Class and it appears nothing will be done to challenge that from the inside or the outside.  Palin had a chance to do that but bowed out this go-around.  I think that was a mistake, but, whatever, it is done.

You are not alone Pan, not by far, so you ain't goin' anywhere darlin', not yet anyway!  But I do expect Galt notices and that is as it should be.  Where we can I hope we all stay in touch...I for one might enter a permanent melancholy if y'all abondone me!

:'(

Nobody's abondone-ing you, Libertas.  Let not your heart be troubled.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2012, 09:42:32 PM »
 ::grouphug::

RickZ

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »

That is all.

To keep the pain real, no more extensions to unemployment payments, which is currently 99 weeks (IIRC).  A vote for Owebama = a vote for OwebamaCare = a vote for higher unemployment.

I expect the Stupid Party to go along with an extension, and that is why I won't vote R again, hell I may not vote again.  Why bother?  No one in the R party seems to care about vote fraud.

Nope, no problems from this end.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2012, 10:44:05 PM »

No, it won't and even if it did, the answer is still no.

I don't understand why you feel you let the woman's family down ... well, maybe I do.  You're a decent sort who feels bad he can't help when he can't help.  But you did help her; you told her to get on the dole, and, more importantly, why.

Pan, I feel bad because 5 years ago, I recognized the new direction this company took and had the means to do something else. Now her family will need to accept govt assistance, something we had discussed many times, something which turned both our stomachs.

I don't like watching good people hurt, especially those who could have qualified for assistance but never accepted it. Her family is proud, not haughty, but what I'll call a good pride. The phone call I received of the closing hurt and I don't like feeling powerless.