Author Topic: Lynching Cain  (Read 21227 times)

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
Re: Lynching Cain
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »
I was always a knee-jerk defender of Rove because he was on the Left's hate-list. I wish that piece of scat the very worst of fates. He's doing more to harm conservatism and bring about the downfall of the nation than most rank-and-file Democrats could dream of doing.
I was too until I realized he is just another Elitist/Progressive.
He'll destroy America if he thinks his side wins.
Remember "I have to suspend the capitalistic system to save the capitalistic system.........WTF  ::doublebird:: ::gaah::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline michelleo

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2011, 04:58:15 PM »
More details of another incident are coming out.  Cain called a woman attractive.... oh the horror.

Meanwhile Jon Stewart is running with a "lock up your white women" theme.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2011, 06:01:30 PM »
::conspiracyalert::  ::Buttheadalert::

There was backtalk of Romney's people being involved
with the Perry _ rock incident.  The man who followed
Cain as C.E.O. at the NRA has an association with Romney.  

TPOS

ETA: Until today he said it was in the '90s and couldn't
remember.  Now it comes out that he was debriefed
about it in 2003.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:06:26 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2011, 06:03:20 PM »
... OnMessage Inc., a Republican-leaning consulting firm recently hired to bolster Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s presidential campaign.

One of the firm’s partners, Curt Anderson, worked on Cain’s losing 2004 U.S. Senate campaign. Cain thinks he’s the hired political gun who leaked details to Politico, a Washington trade publication, of alleged “sexually suggestive behavior” Cain is said to have exhibited towards two women while he ran the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s. That story set off a media frenzy which has quickly put Cain’s campaign on the defense.

In the summer of 2003, Cain recalls briefing Anderson—his general campaign consultant at the time—that sexual harassment claims were brought against him while he was chairman of the National Restaurant Association from 1996 to 1999.

“I told my wife about this in 1999 and I’ve got nothing to hide,” Cain told me Wednesday. “When I sat down with my general campaign consultant Curt Anderson in a private room in our campaign offices in 2003 we discussed opposition research on me. It was a typical campaign conversation. I told him that there was only one case, one set of charges, one woman while I was at the National Restaurant Association. Those charges were baseless, but I thought he needed to know about them. I don’t recall anyone else being in the room when I told him.”

Curt Anderson phoned me to say “I never heard about this story until I read about it in Politico. I have nothing but good things to say about Herman Cain. I’m not going to bad-mouth Herman Cain to anyone, on or off the record. I think he is a guy of great leadership and integrity.”

Perry spokesman Ray Sullivan said it was “patently untrue” that the Perry campaign had any role in placing the sexual harassment story with Politico.

Aside from knowing about the alleged sexual harassment accusations, Cain campaign officials point to the timing of Anderson’s hiring by Perry as evidence of his involvement. The campaign announced Anderson’s role on October 24, just a week before Politico broke the story.

Pay attention to this, now >>>>

As for the story itself, Cain campaign officials complain Politico’s piece was an ambush. When Politico’s Martin contacted Cain campaign spokesman J.D. Gordon on late in the day on October 19, Gordon says Martin didn’t supply any details or documents that would allow the campaign to evaluate the claims. There were no names, locations, or exact descriptions of what Cain is alleged to have said or done. Gordon and the campaign say they couldn’t respond because they had no idea what they were responding to. Gordon even begged Harris to send him copies of any documents with the names blacked out. Harris refused.

Politico’s published piece is equally vague on what happened, saying only that:

On the details of Cain’s allegedly inappropriate behavior with the two women, POLITICO has a half-dozen sources shedding light on different aspects of the complaints.

The sources — including the recollections of close associates and other documentation — describe episodes that left the women upset and offended. These incidents include conversations allegedly filled with innuendo or personal questions of a sexually suggestive nature, taking place at hotels during conferences, at other officially sanctioned restaurant association events and at the association’s offices. There were also descriptions of physical gestures that were not overtly sexual but that made women who experienced or witnessed them uncomfortable and that they regarded as improper in a professional relationship.

Indeed, no one—the two women, the National Restaurant Association board member that Politico cites as its source, Politico itself, one of the aggrieved women’s attorney Joel Bennett, the National Restaurant Association itself—has supplied any concrete details of alleged harassment.

Washington attorney Joel P. Bennett, who represents one of the two women who claim that Cain mistreated her, doesn’t have a copy of agreements the women signed with the National Restaurant Association. “I haven’t seen a copy of this in 12 years,” he told me, adding that he hopes to get a copy from the National Restaurant Association. His client asked him to stop giving interviews. In the past 24 hours, he said, he had appeared on NBC, CBS, NYT and NPR.

The National Restaurant Association spokesperson, Sue Hensley, said that the association is bound by confidentiality agreements and employee-privacy regulations and cannot release any documents or comment in any way.

The Cain campaign, and even Cain himself, begged the association to at least supply some details, campaign officials say. Citing the confidentiality agreements, the association refused.

So Cain and the public are left boxing against shadows. And Cain is no longer on message. “Let’s just say that we would never do something like this,” Cain says. “It gives politics a bad name.”

Got this?

The "settlement" agreement, or whatthehell ever it was was not between Cain and anybody, it was between the woman and the association.  He doesn't know what is in it, so much for divulging details, and he's left defending himself against innuendo.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardminiter/2011/11/02/herman-cain-sexual-harassment-leak/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »
Cain camp is accusing the Perry camp of leaking the accusations of sexual harassment. I hope he didn't.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2011, 06:14:47 PM »

JF, you got to come around more often.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2011, 06:27:59 PM »
Cain camp is accusing the Perry camp of leaking the accusations of sexual harassment. I hope he didn't.

Maybe Perry himself didn't.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2011, 06:44:50 PM »
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/02/oklahoma-pollster-confirms-he-witnessed-incident-involving-cain/

In that interview, Wilson-who is doing polling for a political action committee supporting Texas Governor Rick Perry's campaign but is independent of it–described an incident with Cain and a female employee.

"This occurred at a restaurant in Crystal City (Virginia) and everybody was aware of it," said Wilson, who was a consultant for the organization at the time, in the KTOK interview. "It was only a matter of time because so many people were aware of what took place, so many people were aware of her situation, the fact she left-everybody knew with the campaign that this would eventually come up."

Read it all here

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2011, 06:48:13 PM »
It time for someone to really go on offense and do some comparison to the trash that gets passes (no puns intended.)

At this point, I'm more disgusted that no Republican seems to be able to do this.  The absolute worst that's out there is that Cain invited someone to his hotel room.

It's time for someone to compare to Clinton.  Very graphically, very publicly, so this nonsense stops once and for all.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2011, 06:52:46 PM »

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2011/11/02/this-actually-makes-the-cain-campaign-look-worse/

Pro Perry Red State has more than this to say:

He also knows his former strategist was a Romney guy in 2008 and now is definitely not on Team Cain for 2012.

He also knows that Anderson knows about this stuff.

And he still can’t come up with a measurable response when the story finally comes out?

Even more damaging, I think, is when people tie it all together. Herman Cain’s consultant from 2004 uncovered it in 2004 and Cain launched a Presidential bid in 2011 without coming up with a damage control plan on a major issue that could destroy his campaign?

(Never mind that Herman Cain says he only told Curt Anderson about one woman)

And now there is a third woman?!?

What. The. Hell.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2011, 07:02:54 PM »

And the ever promoting and supportive of Cain The Other McCain  says:

My advice to the Cain campaign? Start praying. Pray real hard.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2011, 07:25:25 PM »
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/02/oklahoma-pollster-confirms-he-witnessed-incident-involving-cain/

In that interview, Wilson-who is doing polling for a political action committee supporting Texas Governor Rick Perry's campaign but is independent of it–described an incident with Cain and a female employee.

"This occurred at a restaurant in Crystal City (Virginia) and everybody was aware of it," said Wilson, who was a consultant for the organization at the time, in the KTOK interview. "It was only a matter of time because so many people were aware of what took place, so many people were aware of her situation, the fact she left-everybody knew with the campaign that this would eventually come up."

Read it all here

Again, no details, lots of allusions and innuendo.  This is really starting to piss me off.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2011, 07:27:15 PM »
It time for someone to really go on offense and do some comparison to the trash that gets passes (no puns intended.)

At this point, I'm more disgusted that no Republican seems to be able to do this.  The absolute worst that's out there is that Cain invited someone to his hotel room.[/b]

It's time for someone to compare to Clinton.  Very graphically, very publicly, so this nonsense stops once and for all.

Invited, as in ::up and down eyebrows:: "invited",  or asked for otherwise innocuous business purposes?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2011, 07:28:03 PM »

I try believe me I try. I seem to be pooping out by 9.pm.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »

At this point, I'm more disgusted that no Republican seems to be able to do this.  The absolute worst that's out there is that Cain invited someone to his hotel room.[/b]

Invited, as in ::up and down eyebrows:: "invited",  or asked for otherwise innocuous business purposes?

If a repub leaked this it's going to piss everybody off. If it takes Cain out it will take the leaker out two and that all to Bambis advantage. The 11th commandment is sacred.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2011, 07:39:20 PM »

I try believe me I try. I seem to be pooping out by 9.pm.

The problem is that your 9 o'clock is my 6 o'clock...  ::gaah::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2011, 08:15:50 PM »
The media - Left & Right - is calling THIS VIDEO Cain "lashing out" and having a "meltdown". The headlines are everywhere. In the Minneapolis Star Tribune was a 1/8-page editorial cartoon, with a caricature of Cain with a sh*t-eating grin saying, "9-9-9 is the number of women accusing me of sexual harassment."

High-tech lynching indeed. I don't know if this guy did anything untoward, but this isn't something to "get through". If he has any evidence that would clarify exactly what took place, and put this in a perspective other than what the media is in the process of creating - NOW is the time, Mr. Cain. Blaming leakers is NOT going to cut it.

Establishment of both parties decided this guy needs to be taken out, and everybody is in agreement. The only ones who can clear this up are Herman Cain and perhaps his so-called accusers.

Herman Cain Meltdown in Virginia
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2011, 08:28:01 PM »
All that keeps going through my head is that a repub did this and it's driving me nuts. The SOB better not be a repub and I don't give a damn which repub.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2011, 08:28:44 PM »
The media - Left & Right - is calling THIS VIDEO Cain "lashing out" and having a "meltdown". The headlines are everywhere. In the Minneapolis Star Tribune was a 1/8-page editorial cartoon, with a caricature of Cain with a sh*t-eating grin saying, "9-9-9 is the number of women accusing me of sexual harassment."

High-tech lynching indeed. I don't know if this guy did anything untoward, but this isn't something to "get through". If he has any evidence that would clarify exactly what took place, and put this in a perspective other than what the media is in the process of creating - NOW is the time, Mr. Cain. Blaming leakers is NOT going to cut it.

Establishment of both parties decided this guy needs to be taken out, and everybody is in agreement. The only ones who can clear this up are Herman Cain and perhaps his so-called accusers.

>snip<

IDP, did you read the Forbes article?  Cain has no evidence, he's privy to no "evidence".  The settlement agreements cannot be found, supposedly, and, as he had no say -- and little knowledge -- of what they included, there's nothing for him to clarify.

Think for a minute if what Richard Miniter writes is true.  These are scurrilous accusations with no hard proof attached and folks are clamoring for the details of which he is barred from obtaining, thus explaining.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2011, 08:31:49 PM »

>snip<

IDP, did you read the Forbes article?  Cain has no evidence, he's privy to no "evidence".  The settlement agreements cannot be found, supposedly, and, as he had no say -- and little knowledge -- of what they included, there's nothing for him to clarify.

Think for a minute if what Richard Miniter writes is true.  These are scurrilous accusations with no hard proof attached and folks are clamoring for the details of which he is barred from obtaining, thus explaining.

Pan he had to know what the hell the restaurant association was signing his name to even if it was back channels he had to agree to a settlement in his name.
 Filippo Mazzie