Author Topic: ‘Mind-Numbing’ Audio of a Law Student  (Read 13019 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: ‘Mind-Numbing’ Audio of a Law Student
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 11:19:59 AM »
Unfortunately , it appaers that some of his biggest sponsors are bailing on him .

Rush will never falter due to lack of sponsors. As the man says, "Trust me on this"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2012, 11:41:02 AM »
LOOK at this now, from barackobama web site ....

.... underneath which is written this ....

"If Mitt Romney and a few Republican senators get their way, employers could be making women’s health care decisions for them."

The words I italicized are a link to an attackwatch. com post entitled "Romney backs Rubio-Blunt bill giving employers “moral” right to deny birth control coverage to women" and includes ...

Republicans’ agenda here is not to protect religious liberty—President Obama’s rule already does that. Their goal seems to be to give employers and insurance companies the right to decide for women what health care services they can have access to. Tomorrow’s vote is about who should control a woman’s access to health care—that woman? Or her boss?

The bolding is mine and relates to the dummied up "permission slip" at the top of this page - something NO employer EVER requires.

LIARS!!

H/T Jammiewearingfools to Business Insider

It's water under the bridge.  
The Pubbies, again, have shown their true spinelessness in their rush to bend over for Bama.

http://bigjournalism.com/dloesch/2012/03/02/republicans-fall-for-manufactured-story/

The Obama administration withered for several weeks under the intense criticism from
Catholic leaders regarding the forced violation of religious liberty within the HHS mandate.
In an effort to turn the tables, Democrats suggested that the GOP want to abridge women’s
rights because Republicans expect women to obtain and pay for their own birth control.
This afternoon John Boehner, Carly Fiorina, and Rick Santorum bravely provided cover for the
President and the ridiculous narrative of “the war on women.”

Each of them utterly failed in this response, but unlike Santorum, Boehner and Fiorina
aren’t running a presidential campaign with the hopes of becoming the nominee so they
can battle the media in the general.

This reason right here is why Republicans defeat themselves: It doesn’t matter what Barack
Obama’s record is if Republicans so willingly allow the media to reframe a debate about
religious liberty as a fight over women’s rights. ...

BOFO

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 12:02:02 PM »
I'm fighting just that battle on my local forum.  They've finally just come out with the "anti birth control" and "the misogyny of the Right" ad hominems after deflecting with Fluke and Rush Limbaugh despite my repeatedly pointing out that THIS ISSUE IS ABOUT NEITHER OF THEM; it's about Duh Wun's wanton brazen abrogation of the 1st Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty.

The linguine-spined Republicans keep allowing themselves to get sucked into a false premises argument which Newt can see coming a mile away.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
I'm fighting just that battle on my local forum.  They've finally just come out with the "anti birth control" and "the misogyny of the Right" ad hominems after deflecting with Fluke and Rush Limbaugh despite my repeatedly pointing out that THIS ISSUE IS ABOUT NEITHER OF THEM; it's about Duh Wun's wanton brazen abrogation of the 1st Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty.

The linguine-spined Republicans keep allowing themselves to get sucked into a false premises argument which Newt can see coming a mile away.

They are some venal little cruds! And they are reliable mouthpieces of the official DNC line. They have seen how weak our front line is in the upcoming battle against Øbongo and are emboldened to be extra obnoxious. On the other hand I'm resigned to our eventual defeat and similarly emboldened to in~your~face confrontation with any/all of them.

edit: altard-proofed

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Rush... apologizes?
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »
Rush... apologizes?

In my entire time listening to Rush, I don't recall him ever apologizing for anything he's said that's gotten negative attention from the Left. There must be immense pressure coming from elsewhere.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 05:46:41 PM »
Unfortunately , it appaers that some of his biggest sponsors are bailing on him .

Rush will never falter due to lack of sponsors. As the man says, "Trust me on this"

Shut up stupid - obviously you don't know sh!t.  ::outrage::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »
I'm keeping my powder dry on this until Monday.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2012, 07:24:10 PM »
Rush... apologizes?

In my entire time listening to Rush, I don't recall him ever apologizing for anything he's said that's gotten negative attention from the Left. There must be immense pressure coming from elsewhere.

My guess is, he did it to provide cover for Santorum and the other politicians who were maneuvered into repudiating his comments.

*sigh*

"This is the country we live in now".  17 trillion in debt, 15% real unemployment, $5 per gallon gas, and none of these are part of the narrative in a presidential election year. No, we have the false narrative promulgated that Republicans want a theocracy that will outlaw birth control pills. This country is hopeless.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2012, 09:46:38 PM »
Tomorrow’s vote is about who should control a woman’s access to health care—that woman? Or her boss?

But they're saying to their boss is I want to have sex and I want you to pay for the birth control pills.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2012, 02:55:39 AM »

It looks like he just "faltered" . Apology grudgingly issued .

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2012, 09:03:51 AM »
My 2 cents:

Except for being extreme to make a point, Rush allowed himself to become the story, falling into the DNC trap of calling Republicans anti-women. Look, it did not matter if Fluke had sex once a month or a thousand times a month, the cost of her birth control would have been the same. This issue was lost here, as usual. It should have been framed in an argument of who should pay and why, rather than how much.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
My 2 cents:

Except for being extreme to make a point, Rush allowed himself to become the story, falling into the DNC trap of calling Republicans anti-women. Look, it did not matter if Fluke had sex once a month or a thousand times a month, the cost of her birth control would have been the same. This issue was lost here, as usual. It should have been framed in an argument of who should pay and why, rather than how much.

Which is exactly right, BECAUSE ....

.... Obamacare will be the determining factor in what is "healthcare" and what is not.  What IS "healthcare", as determined by the government experts, will be mandated to be covered by all medical insurance.  What is NOT, will be illegal to provide, access or pay for with one's own money.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »

It looks like he just "faltered" . Apology grudgingly issued .

That's where my "Shut up stupid" comment to myself came from. I never in a million years would have anticipated him caving. Now I read 'wingers trying desperately to console themselves by claiming it was a brilliant "non-apology" apology - if that's the case then he - and they - are no better than the left he mocks.

By backtracking he gives credibility to whatever stupid Lakovian framing the left wants (and intends) to make. By inducing milquetoasts like santorum and boehner to come out on the left side of the issue we effectively split our forces in two and give the win to the dhimmis.

rush may have an adequate explanation tomorrow but I won't be hearing it because I've decided to go on vacation.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »
I would have left it at something like this - "What she really wants access to is my wallet, and just for the record there hasn't been any birth control there* since I was in high school."

*When it has been there undisturbed and unused for so long that it forms a distinctive ring in the wallet, any perceived cool factor is thoroughly negated ;)
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2012, 11:55:56 AM »
I would have left it at something like this - "What she really wants access to is my wallet, and just for the record there hasn't been any birth control there* since I was in high school."

::thumbsup::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »
Conservatives are dying or collpasing all around me.  I am more convinced than ever we are totally screwed.  Good thing I plan for that anyway.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
“I am astonished at the desperation of the elite media to avoid rising gas prices, to avoid the president’s apology to religious fanatics in Afghanistan, to avoid a trillion dollar deficit, to avoid the longest period of unemployment since the great depression, and to suddenly decide that Rush Limbaugh is the great national crisis of this week,” Gingrich said when asked about the controversy by NBC’s David Gregory on “Meet the Press.”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gingrich-excoriates-elite-media-for-making-limbaugh-the-great-national-crisis-of-this-week/

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2012, 05:57:05 PM »
Conservatives are dying or collpasing all around me.  I am more convinced than ever we are totally screwed.  Good thing I plan for that anyway.

The collapse it the only thing I am looking forward to now, if you can call it that.
Even if I don't survive, and I am condemned to hell for wishing it to see these people suffer and die, if I live to see such judgement passed on all of these people, it will have been worth it.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2012, 04:26:01 AM »
“I am astonished at the desperation of the elite media to avoid rising gas prices, to avoid the president’s apology to religious fanatics in Afghanistan, to avoid a trillion dollar deficit, to avoid the longest period of unemployment since the great depression, and to suddenly decide that Rush Limbaugh is the great national crisis of this week,” Gingrich said when asked about the controversy by NBC’s David Gregory on “Meet the Press.”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gingrich-excoriates-elite-media-for-making-limbaugh-the-great-national-crisis-of-this-week/

Ohio Christian University , which Gingrich mentions , is about a mile and a half from my house as the crow flies ( we have lots of crows around here ) . I haven't heard any hub-bub about it yet but will look into it . This is a very small Central Ohio town .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2012, 07:30:15 AM »

The collapse it the only thing I am looking forward to now, if you can call it that.
Even if I don't survive, and I am condemned to hell for wishing it to see these people suffer and die, if I live to see such judgement passed on all of these people, it will have been worth it.

It's the larger scale expression of the "taking some with me before I go" last stand mentality, one which I cannot discard on merit.