Author Topic: Anybody still think it can't happen here????????  (Read 9794 times)

Offline Conservative RWNJ

• Newb
  • I can peel bananas with my toes...can you?
Re: Anybody still think it can't happen here????????
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 10:30:06 AM »
what? you think Romney and his liberal nonsense is better than Anarchy?

At least with anarchy - someone tries to harm mine or take whats mine - I can drop them on the spot!

Romney is just going to schmooze the liberal agenda - most like worst than the little Bush did which was horrendous!

ROMNEY (like the little Bush) is UNACCEPTABLE! To tolerate this kind of nonsense is not even as conservative as JFK was ...

Romney had his own RomneyCare and JFK said "Ask not what your country can do for you ..."

ooga booga

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »
...Romney isn't the second coming of Reagan....

I'm not 100% convinced of this. I don't have faith, but I have hope. His campaign rhetoric is the most conservative of any Republican since Reagan. And even Reagan wasn't Reagan until Reagan was Reagan, if you know what I mean. I am open to the possibility that Romney will show himself to have been a political pragmatist in Massachusetts, doing and saying what he needed to in order to govern as a Republican in such a liberal hellhole - and that the "real" Mitt Romney is someone who understands the nation's need for conservative governance at this crucial time.

Like I said, no faith - just hope.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 10:34:25 AM »
what? you think Romney and his liberal nonsense is better than Anarchy? ...

Yes. Anarchy leads to tyranny. Always. As nature abhors a vacuum, nations abhor the same. Romney is not a Marxist. Obama is. Regardless of what you choose to do at the polls, that much should be clear.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 10:44:31 AM »
what? you think Romney and his liberal nonsense is better than Anarchy?

At least with anarchy - someone tries to harm mine or take whats mine - I can drop them on the spot!

Umm, yeah, good luck with that. Let us know how it works out for you.

Romney is just going to schmooze the liberal agenda - most like worst than the little Bush did which was horrendous!

So, I'm guessing that English is perhaps a second language for you?

ROMNEY (like the little Bush) is UNACCEPTABLE! To tolerate this kind of nonsense is not even as conservative as JFK was ...

Romney had his own RomneyCare and JFK said "Ask not what your country can do for you ..."

So what color is the sky in your world?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 10:53:54 AM »
...JFK said "Ask not what your country can do for you ..."

"...ask what you can do for your country."

You know, I've never understood the fascination with that comment from a rhetorical perspective. It seems like utter pablum to me - always has. My country does things for me and to me that are both good and bad, and I'll damned well ask about them at my leisure, and see no reason why I shouldn't.

It is not incumbent upon me to do anything for my country aside from being a law-abiding citizen doing no harm to others, being vigilant of liberty, and if needed, defending the homeland. It seems like self-evident truth to me, and I don't need to ask about it.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 11:06:41 AM »
what? you think Romney and his liberal nonsense is better than Anarchy? ...

Yes. Anarchy leads to tyranny. Always. As nature abhors a vacuum, nations abhor the same. Romney is not a Marxist. Obama is. Regardless of what you choose to do at the polls, that much should be clear.

Romney may not be a Marxist, but he certainly has no problem enabling them. As I said before, this is an election for President Scapegoat, because like it or not Anarchy IS COMING. It cannot not come. When the Dollar goes you will have individual townships, counties, or whole States in revolt. The Dollar is the power, and when the dollar goes, so does the power.

The Fed will be trying to maintain order, but its hard to get good goons when you have no money - so Police enforcement suffers, entitled OWS groups go on rampages, and no one appears to be in charge - which only encourages more lawlessness.   And yes, that will leave a power vacuum and a lot to chance. What is "better", Obama, Romney or Anarchy is a moot question. You will get one, and then regardless  of who it is, you will get the other. Nor to I expect the reaction to the disaster  to be much different. Both will declare a State of emergency and use all of these fancy new powers to quell insurrection if they can. Pretend Romney is a "Good Guy" and doesn't abuse these powers, and uses them to keep the peace effectively - then later the system is there for the next "bad guy" to use.  The end result - a police state and a loss of freedom is the result, regardless of its wielded benignly or with an iron fist.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 11:24:52 AM »
Like I said, no faith - just hope.

I'm pretty much riding in that same boat Priest.

My fear is that Romney will get all limp-wristed on us once in office and essentially accomplish nothing (or even make it worse!) in his 1st term. And the way voters are, that means that they will all rush to the other side of the sinking ship (if you understand what I mean) and vote for leftists in 2016. By then, Hitlery will be 're-thinking' her recent vows to never run for president and we'll end up with Hitlery as president in 2016. Of course, she'll be just as bad as Obama except she'll be smart about it and actually accomplish much more than he did.

I have no faith in Romney either and my hope in him is perilously close to almost non-existent, but hope is about all I (or any of us) have with this current hand of cards.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »
... and people got mad when I called the little Bush a friggin' liberal!

Walks like a Liberal, Talks like a liberal, its probably a liberal.
Kerry would have been worse, which is the problem.  The GOP only has to be marginally less liberal than the Democrats, so they say the right things, and pretend to have principles, and then cave to every Democratic demand because those demands always serve to enhance their power and booty as well.

We should primary random people from the phone book.

on twitter I have commented to Boener and GOP about why they ALLOWED one of the more liberal news channels (CNN) to host the first debate?

They don't see a problem with that?  REALLY??

Look at Romney - he has ALREADY stood for abortions and gays ... HOW IS THAT A REPUBLICAN VALUE??

WTF PPL! ... are that many people brain dead??

I rather see anarchy than Romney!

The problem with people like Boehner is that they are hopelessly naive. The problem with people like me is (beyond the clarity with which I can see people like Boehner) that I'm hopelessly cynical...

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 11:32:50 AM »
Don't get me wrong.  ::thinking:: I am not an anarchist - but liberalism is not tolerable to me

To choose between two evil ...

I want to STOP people from taking out of my possession what I do not want to give to others.

I can't speak for you - but I have freely done things which will probably be on going when I am dead

I have started things which most people who are involved have no idea that I am the one who did that ...

It's a good thing to do for your neighbors and community without recognition.

... but liberal approach to force everyone is simply wrong and makes people hold on tighter to what they have.

That does no good for anyone of us.

In this day and age people have forgotten what has happened throughout history and fail to connect past events to what the liberals are actually doing today.

So many people have gotten so numb to extreme liberalism that they now GLADLY  accept the lesser evils.
ooga booga

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
So many people have gotten so numb to extreme liberalism that they now GLADLY  accept the lesser evils.

So who will you be voting for? I think I know but I'd like to hear it from you.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2012, 11:36:50 AM »
LA is describing this -

And the antidote is?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »
So many people have gotten so numb to extreme liberalism that they now GLADLY  accept the lesser evils.

I don't know ...

What are you voting for?  to eat the cow patty or the bull dung?

BOTH ARE WRONG
ooga booga

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 11:45:30 AM »

I don't know ...

BOTH ARE WRONG

Sorry, you first. "I don't know" isn't on the ballot.

Everyone here knows who I will vote for. I will be happy to reveal it to you but I want to know who you are going to choose first so come on, cough it up.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 11:46:45 AM »

I don't know ...

BOTH ARE WRONG

No its a choice between Douche and Turd

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 11:48:03 AM »
So many people have gotten so numb to extreme liberalism that they now GLADLY  accept the lesser evils.

I don't know ...

What are you voting for?  to eat the cow patty or the bull dung?

BOTH ARE WRONG

Everyone here knows who I will vote for. I will be happy to reveal it to you but I want to know who you are going to choose first so come on, cough it up.

NONE OF THE ABOVE ... they are BOTH Bovine manure - why would I want to approve that crap?

YOU DO NOT GET IT - f***ed up is F***ED UP - no matter how you PRETEND ITS FINE
ooga booga

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »

Ron Paul 2012: Anyone who wants the job at this point is either power hungry, stupid, or crazy. Of these, Crazy is the best choice

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 11:49:52 AM »

::hysterical::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »
NONE OF THE ABOVE ... they are BOTH Bovine manure - why would I want to approve that crap?

So you won't be voting for anyone? Do I have that right? You are sitting this one out, are you?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 11:51:28 AM »

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 11:52:30 AM »

So you won't be voting for anyone? Do I have that right? You are sitting this one out, are you?

CORRECT! I am a MAN with purpose - I refuse to sit on the shaft --- if you want it rammed to you - go ahead and giggle ...
after all your boy is pro gay!
ooga booga