Author Topic: Anybody still think it can't happen here????????  (Read 9808 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Anybody still think it can't happen here????????
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 11:53:29 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Conservative RWNJ

• Newb
  • I can peel bananas with my toes...can you?
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 11:57:41 AM »
LA is describing this -

And the antidote is?
if this site would let people get rep points - you would get my first one.

these people are to saturated to see above the problem.

ooga booga

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »
CORRECT! I am a MAN with purpose - I refuse to sit on the shaft --- if you want it rammed to you - go ahead and giggle ...
after all your boy is pro gay!

I don't see how not voting will make a statement as you will be lost in the 40%  who do that on a regular basis.  I mean, I don't see how it hurts, either, and considered doing it myself ( at least for President)  but in the end, its probably too big of a risk leaving Obama in office when this thing blows up.  

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »

Oh they see it L.A.  they just have different thoughts as to how best to handle it.  There is a contingent here that understands what you are saying, we see the problem, and we know the eventual remedy that we will be forced to.  Everyone will get there in time. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 12:02:08 PM »
CORRECT! I am a MAN with purpose - I refuse to sit on the shaft --- if you want it rammed to you - go ahead and giggle ...

I don't see how not voting will make a statement as you will be lost in the 40%  who do that on a regular basis.  I mean, I don't see how it hurts, either, and considered doing it myself ( at least for President)  but in the end, its probably too big of a risk leaving Obama in office when this thing blows up.  

::thumbsup::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 12:03:48 PM »
NONE OF THE ABOVE ... they are BOTH Bovine manure - why would I want to approve that crap?

So you won't be voting for anyone? Do I have that right? You are sitting this one out, are you?

Okay, well, whatever, Mr. Purpose.

You have the right to vote or not vote and I will certainly not condemn you for exercising that right.

But I will take exception to your flaming about how wise your choice is and how foolish everyone else's is.

I will vote for the candidate who has the best chance of beating O'Bama. Currently and for the foreseeable future that candidate is Romney.

I am not enamored of Romney and have no illusions about his conservative credentials. But he doesn't hate America. O'Bama does. I will not condone a second O'Bama term by refusing to vote or for voting for a candidate who has zero chance of beating him. But that's just me. And math.

And I do not agree that this is a choice between douche or turd. Because it's more complicated than that.  But that's just me.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

• Newb
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 12:04:37 PM »

It's simple:
I am 100% against abortion as an easy out for being a clueless tramp
I am 100% against government backed insurance (both RomneyCare and ObamaCare)
I am 100% against accepting gay as a tolerable lifestyle

Why would I support what I DO NOT support?

Why cave on my values?

... you can go ahead and cave all you want - we are still free (for now) to do so -- maybe you will be granted a daughter who gets knocked up and aborts your only grandchild because her wife says so
ooga booga

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 12:04:59 PM »

Oh they see it L.A.  they just have different thoughts as to how best to handle it.  There is a contingent here that understands what you are saying, we see the problem, and we know the eventual remedy that we will be forced to.  Everyone will get there in time. 

Yes, nobody here is oblivious to the problems we face and why we face them, we may disagree as to level of hope we have in peaceful/non-painful resolution to all what ails us, but in the end we will all be on the same team pulling the same direction.  Don't doubt it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 12:07:19 PM »

It's simple:

Why cave on my values?

... you can go ahead and cave all you want - we are still free (for now) to do so -- maybe you will be granted a daughter who gets knocked up and aborts your only grandchild because her wife says so

Your points are good, but your projection upon others is over blown, nobody here is looking to force anything on anybody.

• Newb
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »
NONE OF THE ABOVE ... they are BOTH Bovine manure - why would I want to approve that crap?

So you won't be voting for anyone? Do I have that right? You are sitting this one out, are you?

Okay, well, whatever, Mr. Purpose.

You have the right to vote or not vote and I will certainly not condemn you for exercising that right.

But I will take exception to your flaming about how wise your choice is and how foolish everyone else's is.

I will vote for the candidate who has the best chance of beating O'Bama. Currently and for the foreseeable future that candidate is Romney.

I am not enamored of Romney and have no illusions about his conservative credentials. But he doesn't hate America. O'Bama does. I will not condone a second O'Bama term by refusing to vote or for voting for a candidate who has zero chance of beating him. But that's just me. And math.

And I do not agree that this is a choice between douche or turd. Because it's more complicated than that.  But that's just me.

It's not about how wise ar choice is
but it is how foolish it is to support what you allege is not right.

To vote for Romney is treason against my own values

When that Romney vote backfires - I won't have the mess on me like when I voted for the little Bush under similar pretenses.

The little Bush vote was a massive blemish on my self respect for knowing right from wrong.
ooga booga

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »

This is troll type talk.

We permit a very wide latitude on speech here. You may be as politically incorrect as you like.

You can even insult others within reason.

But with this type of personal attack you are approaching the line.

So cool your jets.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2012, 12:13:16 PM »
It's real simple - no matter what is worse - wrong is wrong - even if it is the better of 2 evils
ooga booga

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2012, 12:14:58 PM »
The little Bush vote was a massive blemish on my self respect for knowing right from wrong.

You are completely correct. Gosh, I sure wish that we had elected President Gore or President Kerry. Things would have been so much better.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2012, 12:16:25 PM »
It's real simple - no matter what is worse - wrong is wrong - even if it is the better of 2 evils

Well, whatever...

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. So you are what? Going shopping on election day?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2012, 12:27:53 PM »

;D

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2012, 12:35:14 PM »

It's simple:

Why cave on my values?

Well, this is why it IS more complicated that Douche and Turd. Not voting is a vote to NOT uphold your values in the peaceful  public arena. You are shouting loudly that your opinion doesn't count.  You are welcome to do that, and I am not judging that action. I just don't  understand the reasoning behind it.

Politicians  and Representative government inherently  mean that you get a mixed bag.  Even if we had a "True Conservative" to vote for, we may still disagree with him on any number of issues - but accept those in order to obtain his stance on items we feel are more important.

If a GOP Candidate supported 2 of your 3 issues? And the Democrat supported none?  Do you still not vote? Are you not then saying that you are willing to have no progress, or a backward slide rather than "Cave" on your one issue for this one election?

I agree that the big distinction is  that Obama actively hates America, Capitalism,  White People, our Constitution and our freedoms, and as much of a douche as Mittens  is, I don't think he hates us.  I firmly believe that a economic catastrophe is imminent during the next Presidents term - and having someone who hates us at the helm probably won't be wise.  The damage is going to be so sever, that I am not sure Obama really could make it a lot worse, but I guess I would rather not having him trying.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
Yeah we had a long rambling debate since the start of the primary...there are a few of us who were all for avoiding Romney like the plague, and I was one of them.  But I cannot screw people I know, people in my family, people and their families here by not voting...that simply makes it easier for the real devil I know (Obama) getting a free ride to election and I am not giving that jackass a free anything!  I don't like it, it sucks royally, but not voting for Romney is wreckless negligence for anybody wanting to end reign of terror he hath wrought upon America.  In this case the lesser of two evils really is a lot lesser!  It is my intent to support as many conservatives and Tea Party candidates running against RINO's as I can so that the most conservative Congress we can get can hold a President Romney's feet tot he fire, and I pray we can eliminate ObamaCare if the courts fail to and get rid of the Czars and get rid of as much of this liberty-destroying economy-destroying crap as we can.  Anything else is giving up and bottom line I am one stubborn SOB and as long as I am breathing I am not givng in anything to any   ::cussing::  Leftists!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2012, 12:50:43 PM »
Well said. Both of you.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2012, 12:55:54 PM »
I am undecided to what I will do with my vote.

I think strongly of voting for the Constitution Party candidate.
Then, sometimes I weaken and throw up in my mouth think about eating the turd with powdered sugar.

Right now, it's a far from certain conclusion that Romney can win.
I know we've been told over and over that he is the most electable.
But, who was doing the telling?

I will pray for God's guidance.

Who is counting the votes?
I'm no longer convinced that the tallies are not fiction

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2012, 01:01:07 PM »
Yup, no doubt there is a built-in fraud factor for anybody running against a Leftist, and yes, God's help is quite needed on so many scores.