Author Topic: Police: 14 dead in Colorado theater shooting  (Read 12541 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Police: 14 dead in Colorado theater shooting
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 12:03:58 PM »
Those ABC a$$holes , Brian Ross and Stephanopolis , are already checking to see if the guy is a Tea Party member !  ::gaah:: ::gaah:: ::gaah::

Heard that on the radio this AM, pissed me right off!  But so expected by Democrat-Media Complex whores!

Beck did a good spiel about a Brian Ross being involved in a hienous crime.  More should be going after these MFM asshats!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »
I was looking this article over...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/mass-shooting-incidents-last-two-decades

According to my numbers using the article as a guide, there have been 473 vicitims (289 killed) and 13 of the 18 perpetrators were killed or killed themselves.

Basically to me these nine different nations pretty much all of them except the US are very if not outright hostile to private gun ownership, the US I would classify as restricted.  By that classification there is a 2.55 times greater chance of dying and a 2.68 times greater chance of being wounded in a nation hostile towards gun ownership by gun related violence.

Clearly restricting or banning guns is a massive failure.  Allowing the law-abidding to conceal or open carry without any restrictions would dramatically cut down on the victims of lunatics, but God forbid the Democrat-Media Complex engage in an honest debate.  The exploitation of tragedy is what they live for, the sick sumbitches cannot wait to take more rights away in the name of "security for all".

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 02:49:15 AM »
I knew it.

He had help.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 07:31:25 AM »
I knew it.

He had help.

Well yea, there's that.  ::)  ;)

I'm still waiting for the answer to who opened the door and allowed him access to the theater.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 08:32:54 AM »
I knew it.

He had help.

I'm still waiting for the answer to who opened the door and allowed him access to the theater.

Maybe no one.  There's speculation he entered through the front either earlier in the day, or with the rest of the crowd that night and propped the door open when he went out to arm up.  I don't know exactly how those type of EXIT doors are configured, whether or not they are wired to sound an alarm when opened, but many of the movies houses I've been in route the traffic out those type doors after the film is over.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 08:38:33 AM »
That sounds logical and I couldn't say either way because I don't go to theaters.

You see they are "weapon-free zones" which means that they will only allow cattle inside.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 08:50:17 AM »
That sounds logical and I couldn't say either way because I don't go to theaters.

You see they are "weapon-free zones" which means that they will only allow cattle inside.

My information may be outdated because I don't go either, not only because I won't be disarmed, but because movie-goers are a rude assembly these days.

One thing I've noticed the past couple days is the opprobrium poured over people who dare question whatthehell a six-year-old was doing in a movie house that late at night, nevermind a three-month-old; it's called "blaming the victim"  ::)
but the offended can kiss my azz.  Yes, the parents had every reason to expect their kids would be safe, but that's not the point; the point is that too many parents these days have rocks in their heads to take kids that young to a movie like TDKR and long after they should have been home in bed.  If ever there was a case of "wrong time, wrong place", this is it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »

My information may be outdated because I don't go either, not only because I won't be disarmed, but because movie-goers are a rude assembly these days.

One thing I've noticed the past couple days is the opprobrium poured over people who dare question whatthehell a six-year-old was doing in a movie house that late at night, never mind a three-month-old; it's called "blaming the victim"  ::)
but the offended can kiss my azz.  Yes, the parents had every reason to expect their kids would be safe, but that's not the point; the point is that too many parents these days have rocks in their heads to take kids that young to a movie like TDKR and long after they should have been home in bed.  If ever there was a case of "wrong time, wrong place", this is it.
You're a good marksman Pan, bulls eye on every shot. Still, I contend it's the same crap as bread and circuses of the Roman Empire, entertainment being the key. The economy sucks and Hollyweird becomes more brazen with each picture they produce further insulating, no, softening their audience's perception of the violence that's coming.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 10:32:10 AM »
I knew it.

He had help.

No one opened the door but the gunman. He paid to get in, sat in the front, pretended to get a phone call, left by the front exit door, got his gear together and came back in to do his killing.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »

Did you hear?  He accumulated his arsenal by mail order.
That's the problem, if he hadn't been able to buy that
stuff through the mail this would have never happened.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »
I knew it.

He had help.

No one opened the door but the gunman. He paid to get in, sat in the front, pretended to get a phone call, left by the front exit door, got his gear together and came back in to do his killing.

thanks for the clarification. As with most of this stuff I generally steer clear because it is usually stuffed with idiotic speculations and shameless agenda-packing. I prefer to wait until the facts ooze up to the surface. Already we have abc and breitbart looking like fools for publishing un-vetted allegations. I'm sure that there will be more.

As a culture we've become so desensitized, demoralized, and disenfranchised that our reasoning skills as well as our coping mechanisms are totally out of whack. On another board I tried three times to steer the conversation away from the finger-pointing and blame assigning - all to no avail. The victims of this event - the dead and the dying - are just grist for their personal mills.

I fully anticipate yet another push for even more restrictions against the pre-victims of gun violence. I call them (collectively us) pre-victims because that is all we are when we are precluded from defending ourselves. A victim of someone else's violent tendencies, waiting to happen. And I shrug my shoulders and say "You do what you want - and so will I"

I won't be disarmed. I don't borrow trouble. I won't be cowed.

There was one post on another thread (different site) where one of the limp-wristed lefties breathlessly posted this holmes guy's recent purchases. As I went down the list I silently ticked off each item (got that - check; got two of those - check; I've got one of those, but mine's better - check!). I decided not to rub it in this eloi's face - some things are better left unsaid  ;)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »
They just refuse to believe that the only effective countermeasure against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. The hubris of their humanistic ideology is such that they think they can eliminate evil simply by having all power vested in them.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 02:43:30 PM »
It should also be noted that all the usual suspects are describing his main weapon as an 'assault' weapon. Apparently it had a 100 round detachable drum magazine. After having dug through half a dozen stories I was able to piece together that it was some sort of semi-automatic rifle (though radio and written outlets have been saying that it was an 'automatic rifle' so this point still needs clarification it seems) and that he bought 3,000 round for it by mail order. Still no mention about what weapon it was.

Of course, there is NO SUCH THING as a semi-automatic 'assault' weapon. Assault weapons are those that are capable of fully automatic fire (or that have a select fire function to allow them to switch between semi-automatic fire and fully automatic fire or 'burst' fire {'burst' fire denotes the ability of the weapon to discharge a set amount - usually 3 - rounds each time the trigger is pulled}) and that are generally used by military forces around the world. Assault weapons are not available to the general public in the United States. You have to go through certain federal agencies to get permission to own one or you have to get your hands on one illegally.

Just because the anti-gun lobby during the Clinton administration warped the definition to include any firearm that looked scary does not mean that that is the actual definition of 'assault weapon'.

As usual the press is not supplying any of this information however. Instead, they are calling it an assault rifle so as to drum up opposition to the 2nd amendment.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2012, 02:54:47 PM »
And the idiot oblivions among us blithely parrot the term.  I just asked elsewhere for the description and definition of an "assault rifle".

Crickets.

Gunsmith and I like to joke about owning a couple of "scary black" rifles, because the color as much as anything else gets the ignorantis panties wadded up.

I've heard this elsewhere as well, "B-b-b-but SEMI-AUTOMATIC!!"  *sigh*  Yeah, same as every other gun, one shot per one trigger pull.

I heard one young man being interviewed right after the event and he described the fire as bang, bang, bang, not bangbangbangbrzzzzzzzt.  That told me all I needed to know about the absence of a full-auto.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »

Can't find that sight itemizing the weapons.
Haven't found out what the old man who
foiled the shooters in FL was packing either.

Chris Wallace and others mentioned that many
have suggested if there had been a CC carrier
in the theater wouldn't it have been stopped.
They neglected to show the FL vid.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2012, 03:50:59 PM »

Can't find that sight itemizing the weapons.
Haven't found out what the old man who
foiled the shooters in FL was packing either.

Chris Wallace and others mentioned that many
have suggested if there had been a CC carrier
in the theater wouldn't it have been stopped.
They neglected to show the FL vid.

Aurora suspect James Holmes was buying guns, dropping out of graduate school

Weapon purchases started in May

In addition to two canisters, perhaps holding teargas, four weapons were found at the scene, Oates said.
Two were .40-caliber handguns, made by Glock. At least one of those was used, the police chief said. Holmes had purchased more than 3,000 rounds of .40-caliber ammunition, Oates said.
One shotgun, a Remington Model 870, one of the most popular models. Pump action, single barrel, 12 gauge, with 300 rounds.

CNN spoke with the CEO of TacticalGear.com, which said it sold Holmes a Blackhawk urban assault vest for $107, along with a triple pistol magazine, an M16 magazine pouch and a silver knife.
And one Smith & Wesson AR-15 type rifle, .223 caliber, called by some an "assault rifle." These weapons can accommodate large ammunition clips(sic), and Holmes had one "drum clip"(sic) that would have carried more than 100 rounds, Oates said. With that clip(sic), he could have fired 50 to 60 rounds in a minute, even if the rifle was considered semi-automatic, not automatic, Oates said. He had 3,000 rounds of ammunition for this rifle.

He was wearing: a black ballistic or bullet-resistant helmet
a ballistic tactical vest with pocket
ballistic leggings,
throat and groin protectors
a gas mask and ballistic tactical gloves, Oates said.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/20/12854157-aurora-suspect-james-holmes-was-buying-guns-dropping-out-of-graduate-school?lite

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2012, 04:21:36 PM »
So, besides the helmet, what else of what he was wearing was "bullet resistant"?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »
No vest for $107 would meet my definition of "bullet resistant".  The push for banning "high capacity clips (sic)" is sure to come again.  I wouldn't be surprised to see an effort to outlaw mail order of ammunition either.  There's no way they will let this event pass by without an attempt to make political capital from it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2012, 05:32:52 PM »
No vest for $107 would meet my definition of "bullet resistant".  The push for banning "high capacity clips (sic)" is sure to come again.  I wouldn't be surprised to see an effort to outlaw mail order of ammunition either.  There's no way they will let this event pass by without an attempt to make political capital from it.

What's with all the talk about "body armor", then; because he had on "tactical" gear?  I cut some slack for the people on site, but not for the rest of the chatterers.  They're using the "body armor" meme as a rationale for why even an armed person "couldn't have done anything".  More crap.

I'm equally as sure the gun-rights groups all over this country are ready for it and are prepared to push back.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2012, 05:38:23 PM »

He can only face one direction at a time.