Author Topic: The All Things 2012 DNC Convention Thread  (Read 21489 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: The All Things 2012 DNC Convention Thread
« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2012, 11:33:07 AM »
I have to admit to being somewhat dismayed that BO is getting a bounce from this mess. Puzzled and dismayed.

The ratings were crappy. BO laid an egg with his speech. And yet, they get a bounce. Gallup I can understand but Rassmussen came out with the same thing so I guess it is legitimate.

Romney had better get going with that blizzard of media buys.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2012, 12:08:32 PM »
Has there ever been a convention, no matter how pitiful, where there wasn't a bounce? Let's see how resiliant it is. I'm still of the opinion there are as many as 25% of those polled who do not want to be thought of as racist and affirm a vote for obama. Within the privacy of the voting booth I believe that % shrinks....a lot.

I'm of the opinion Romney needs to win by at least 8 points to allow me to feel a bit better about the nation. If it is close, even if Romney wins, eventually we are screwed.( and we may be anyway) This election shouldn't be close, judging obama by his record. If obama was white, it wouldn't be close, but if he was white he would have never received the nomination.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2012, 12:47:05 PM »
Dismayed? Sure. Surprised? Not in the least.

Conventions are the dog~n~pony show that is meticulously planned and executed to make their guy shine. It's happy happy joy joy and usually a complete fraud. But it gets the party faithful stirred up and that results in a bounce (as long as you ask the right people).

As I understand it, neither convention did as well (# of viewers) as in 2008 so the American people weren't particularly impressed and that's the real bottom line. The pubbies' mission is to convey America's SITREP: We are worse off than we were four years ago and it is Øbozo's fault. There are countless ways to drive this truth home.

I am heartened that, unlike mccain, Romney shows the competence and willingness to take it to his enemies.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2012, 01:28:03 PM »
I can't believe that the Democrats are still trying to say that they have had a positive impact on the economy...that the economy is actually better for their efforts.

Kill Ivan's Goat. The economy improves as long as everyone becomes more equal. The fact that its equally impoverished doesn't matter.  As long as Ivan doesn't have a goat they don't have - things have gotten better.  Stupid f'ing cavemen.

And women.  I'm listening to parts of Fauxcahontas' speech on an Andrew Wilkow replay and that's the theme -- Ivan has a herd of goats in the Cayman Islands and "we" don't and it's his fault because he stole the all the goats and took all our money and wants more of our money andandand ......

It's sickening.  100% pure envy, spread thick.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2012, 03:35:20 PM »
The worst thing about it is, it works. We're at the point now where a certain % of the population will vote for him no matter how demonstrably awful he is. Keeping the flow of OPM going is the only thing they're interested in. The Democrats have bet on stupidity and impulsiveness, and so far they are being proved right.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2012, 04:25:13 PM »
As I understand it, neither convention did as well (# of viewers) as in 2008 so the American people weren't particularly impressed and that's the real bottom line.

Someone reminded me that TV ratings in general are down compared to 4 years ago.  People access content in other ways at at different times now.  My daughter watched it all on youtube.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2012, 05:19:49 PM »
As I understand it, neither convention did as well (# of viewers) as in 2008 so the American people weren't particularly impressed and that's the real bottom line.

Someone reminded me that TV ratings in general are down compared to 4 years ago.  People access content in other ways at at different times now.  My daughter watched it all on youtube.

Very true. It's been so long since I watched any "live" boob-toob that I forget what's available and what's trendy. I would think that Neilson and Arbitron would have a way to factor that in but what do I know?

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2012, 09:22:33 PM »
Very true. It's been so long since I watched any "live" boob-toob that I forget what's available and what's trendy. I would think that Neilson and Arbitron would have a way to factor that in but what do I know?

And since you mentioned it...

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2012, 09:30:36 PM »

Obama And Charlie Crist Hug . . . Again…
...Crist – now an independent but spoken of widely as a Democratic candidate for the 2014 governor’s race — delivered another endorsement of the president, telling 11,000 people at the local St. Petersburg College campus that “it takes a cool head to win a hot game.”
This is one more opportunity to reflect upon the memory of Senator John Cornyn [NRSC chair endorses Crist | Florida politics blog: The Buzz ...http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/2009/05/nrsc-chair-endorses-crist.html  and the RNC supporting Crist against Rubio in Florida.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2012, 07:39:52 AM »

Thanks I feel much better,I love kittens. ::snoopydance::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2012, 09:01:40 AM »

Thanks I feel much better,I love kittens. ::snoopydance::

Finest kittens I've seen in a while.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2012, 12:32:18 PM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 12:43:40 PM by CatholicCrusader »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »

They made a movies of boobies and kittens and Didn't call it "tits and pussies?"  You would get more hits on it my way.  However, if people have time to put something like that together, I am not sure this shouldn't  be put into my  "Signs our society is doomed" thread...

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »
I have to admit to being somewhat dismayed that BO is getting a bounce from this mess. Puzzled and dismayed........

That just proves that a massive segment of the population are blithering idiots.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2012, 01:48:31 PM »

They made a movies of boobies and kittens and Didn't call it "tits and pussies?"  You would get more hits on it my way.  However, if people have time to put something like that together, I am not sure this shouldn't  be put into my  "Signs our society is doomed" thread...

If we don't have time for boobies our society is doomed.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #215 on: September 09, 2012, 03:02:13 PM »

If we don't have time for boobies our society is doomed.

Or all metro sexuals? ::lalanotlistening::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2012, 03:49:04 PM »
His ears spread wide, a haggard Barack Obama took the stage looking as if he’d lost roughly 50 pounds of mojo since 2008. Openly groping for the female vote, he acknowledged his love for his steroidal wife Michelle and his adorable daughters, Bulimia and Sausage. He spoke of hope, and of moving forward, and of moving forward hopefully, claiming that he wasn’t merely peddling “blind optimism or wishful thinking.”

LINK

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #217 on: September 09, 2012, 04:07:53 PM »
  Hell man all you had to look at was the fac that they had to bring the whole mess into a 17K person arena so he didn't look like a complete ass with nobody there to hear his golden tomes as he spread manure all ove the convention and sounded more like he was begging for votes rather than his usual comanding voice taking the votes for granted.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #218 on: September 09, 2012, 11:05:42 PM »

Dang, I laughed and the wife asked what was so funny. You don't tell my wife "nothing"....i pleaded I did not want to show her, but it was too late. Busted. (pun intended)
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2012, 12:28:57 AM »

Dang, I laughed and the wife asked what was so funny. You don't tell my wife "nothing"....i pleaded I did not want to show her, but it was too late. Busted. (pun intended)

I hope you told her that it was Trap that posted that and no me!  ::laughonfloor::