Author Topic: Merged: Shutdown Theater  (Read 18641 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Merged: Shutdown Theater
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2013, 09:47:25 AM »
"Without the federal government, I can't have unprotected sex."

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2013, 09:49:08 AM »
The root problem to what's going on with the shutdown is the fact that the Senate has been ignoring their constitutional duty to advise and consent on legislation passed by the House.

The House has passed legislation overthrowing Obamacare, repealing, defunding, or whatever more than 17 times, and Harry Reid has refused to introduce the legislation to the Senate, contrary to their responsibility and duty per the constitution.

That is why the House is using the CR as 'leverage', so that Harry Reid can't do what he has done in the past 17 times.

That is, circumvent his constitutional duty to introduce the legislation passed by the House. The House has the constitutional duty to pass said legislation, meaning, the Senate has a duty to advise and consent, not ignore and throw in the trash can.
People need to be educated as how government is supposed to work according to the constitution, not according to the Senate Rules.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2013, 09:54:15 AM »
Rush to Obama:

#GoFundYourself#GoFundYourself.

The Avatar abd the name seem familiar,have we met before?

Bump!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »
WWII Memorial Barricade Wired Shut

... the barriers are still at the memorial, and they've been reinforced. This morning, I walked by the memorial and noticed that wires had been used to tie the fences together:

Meanwhile, the barricade in front of a memorial to World War I veterans a couple blocks away still looks like this:

Okay, now just bring a pair of dikes with ya.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #144 on: October 04, 2013, 10:22:26 AM »

... the barriers are still at the memorial, and they've been reinforced. This morning, I walked by the memorial and noticed that wires had been used to tie the fences together:

Meanwhile, the barricade in front of a memorial to World War I veterans a couple blocks away still looks like this.

Why are they wasting money on new wire? That's not at all green!! If every Gummint employee would recycle the little twisty ties used to keep your bread loaf bags secured...we'd all be a lot better off.

(It could pay down the deficit...#TwistyTieNeutral)

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #145 on: October 04, 2013, 11:31:41 AM »

Well with the DC chief of police they've already got one, surely they can scrounge up a second.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2013, 11:36:08 AM »
"Without the federal government, I can't have unprotected sex."

Oh, and this person no doubt is about to be furloughed permanently by Darth Obama - “It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

Dem's are evil vindictive excrement!

Shatmonkey Reid - “He’s a coward!”
Boehner spokesman - “We have to work together if we’re going to get anything done, and all this bullsh*t — the name-calling, leaking private emails — just makes it harder to do the work the American people sent us here to do.”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-04/congress-work-reid-boehner-hes-coward-boehner-responds-bullsh*t

When Boehner looks to be more the statesman...you know the Dem's are in trouble...

More - Reid: "Surrender", Boehner: No intention of "rolling over" on spending.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-04/boehner-speaks-live-webcast

::popcorn::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #147 on: October 04, 2013, 12:01:21 PM »
You know, that's just the thing with these weasels. If they would ever show some spine, they would be politically rewarded for it. Certainly I don't expect any principled leadership to be forthcoming from the Great Carrot though.

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #148 on: October 04, 2013, 01:22:55 PM »
Ultimately these closures are about Obama declaring himself monarch. He is saying these are not Common lands  to be used by the Peasants, but part of the King's Forest,  to be closed whenever he deems fit.  It is a punishment designed to remind the commoners of their station.  Really, the Tree of Liberty can't be watered soon enough.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #149 on: October 04, 2013, 01:57:45 PM »

Now showing...@ the privately funded Eric Himpton Holder Playhouse. Exclusive Engagement!
(free phones & condoms to 1st 1,000 registrants)
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »
My daughter was telling me a story this morning that Catholic priests who are contract employees providing services as chaplains to the military have been told that if they attempt to provide said services they will be arrested.  I said they need to get arrested. 

This is ridiculous.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2013, 02:13:57 PM »
Speaking of completely ridiculous...

CNBC: Obama Goes for a Walk

::facepalm::

Yeah, not like POSOTUS has anything else to do...but if he stops too fast he may get a CNBC jurnotard lodged in his...well, again, nothing new there either...

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2013, 03:02:13 PM »

Thanks to Pablo....er hat tip...er whatever the right etiquette is.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2013, 04:38:16 PM »
My daughter was telling me a story this morning that Catholic priests who are contract employees providing services as chaplains to the military have been told that if they attempt to provide said services they will be arrested.  I said they need to get arrested. 

This is ridiculous.

I agree. It is time for principled resistance from the men of the cloth, Catholic and Protestant alike. The clergy have become dangerously close, in my opinion, to violating the Commandment "Thou shalt have no other God before Me". Maybe that sounds like hyperbole, but when you have men who purport to be pastors of the flock who seem to be state-fearing more than god-fearing, I'm not sure what else you can conclude.

- Yours Truly

RickZ

« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2013, 05:19:20 PM »
I said they need to get arrested. 

That's what I said.  Street theater all the way through to detainment/arrest, with all those cell phone cameras 'rolling'.

'Yes, Mr. Veteran (sitting in a wheel chair wearing a Silver Star and a Purple Heart), I have to arrest you.  You're trespassing at a memorial dedicated to your service.  You understand, don't you?  I'll just cuff your hands in front, if you don't mind.'

This time, instead of protests for civil rights, they will be protests for our Constitutional Rights, the ultimate showdown.

It has to be hammered home over and over and over and.... what a petty, vindictive, arrogant man-child Owebama is.  He cannot take criticism or mockery.  Riots over trying to open public war memorials to the public?  Only in Barry Candy-Ass Land.  This guy will trash any aspect of good America every chance he gets.  It's more than sticking a finger in the eye of America.  I don't care were he was born, he sure as shyt is not American.  No way, no how.  It shows with every jackbooted misstep.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »

This is ridiculous.

I agree. It is time for principled resistance from the men of the cloth, Catholic and Protestant alike. The clergy have become dangerously close, in my opinion, to violating the Commandment "Thou shalt have no other God before Me". Maybe that sounds like hyperbole, but when you have men who purport to be pastors of the flock who seem to be state-fearing more than god-fearing, I'm not sure what else you can conclude.
Agreed
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2013, 05:28:28 PM »
At last, testicles in evidence ......

The National Park Service has told 2 lodges along the Blue Ridge Parkway that they must close Thursday and lodgers must be out by 6 p.m. One says it won't.

The government owns the building and the land. The National Park Service had given him until 6 p.m. Thursday to shut down and kick out his 78 guests.

He called owner Bruce O'Connell of Pisgah Inn Inc., who was in Mexico. O'Connell had seen the same report about the veterans. They came up with a plan.

"We thought if those guys can do it, we can make a stand," O'Connell said. "We just decided that it is in the visitors' best interest that we remain open."

... Miller told his guests Wednesday that the inn would not be closing — even though another Blue Ridge Parkway lodge on Park Service land in Virginia, the 68-room Peaks of Otter Lodge, says on its website that it is bowing to the government's wishes and closing completely at 6 p.m. Thursday.

What will happen after the deadline passes Thursday is unclear.

“We thought if those guys can do it, we can make a stand.”
— Rob Miller, Pisgah Inn about WWII vets keeping their memorial open

Parkway Chief Ranger Steve Stinnett said Wednesday that Washington was aware of the problem. He could not immediately say what steps the government might take to close the 51-room inn.

"We are in discussions at this time," Stinnett said.

The O'Connell family has operated the inn since 1977. It's one of the few remaining mom-and-pop concessionaires in the National Park Service.

Park concessionaires have been told to close, and lodges have been given the 6 p.m. Thursday deadline to allow them time to get guests out.

Miller called around on Wednesday trying to find other concessionaires who would stand with him but had no luck.

He posted the plan on the inn's Facebook page, which garnered nearly 190 likes by late afternoon.

People applauded the decision.

"Glad to see that you will stay open," Mike Stinneford commented. "I can't imagine an October without the Inn."

The fall is when these inns in western NC make their money.

UPDATE:  O'Connell was on with Hannity this afternoon.  He said after his Facebook post, stating he would remain open, the Park Police showed up and have barricaded entry to his parking lot with their cars, red lights on and all.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2013, 05:32:44 PM »
The Nazis are in action.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2013, 05:54:20 PM »

This is ridiculous.

Heh. I had a very l-o-n-g conversation with 2 pastors of a church we attended for almost 2 years. It started with me suggesting that they take an interest in Pulpit Freedom Sunday (http://www.speakupmovement.org/Church/LearnMore/details/4702) & preach a specific sermon on the routing of religious liberty & the push to transform it into mere “freedom to worship.”

They not only ignored me, they erased the message on the church Facebook site. So I posted a picture of an ostrich with its head in the sand…and the yogurt hit the fan. An email went out to me, copied to the Elder board and the elder statesman pastor invited me to have coffee @ a local café. I was told that they didn’t get involved in politics. Channeling a hybrid of George Washington meets Jonathan Edwards I told them this wasn’t “politics” but “religious liberty” and that Obama was coming to their church to eat their lunch.

We’ve since left the church (though our kids remain friends with some of the Youth Group)…but that’s why 2 Tim 1:7 is one of my stand-by verses. NO TIMIDITY! http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20tim%201:7&version=AMP

I am out of the house 3-4 evenings per week visiting organizations like NJ2AS (2nd Amendment), local Tea Party chapters, Campaign for Liberty, Young Americans for Liberty, the John Birch Society…looking for leaders. I work with a leadership development group - & the goal is education. We distribute CD’s, DVD’s books & mentoring programs that speak to mental toughness, entrepreneurial/critical thinking, personal responsibility, regaining leadership at home (BIG problem in many households) & historical/founding values. The goal is to move the culture in a direction that serves freedom & free-market capitalism (for you can’t have one without the other).

Here’s a link to one of our flagship CD’s “13 Resolutions” which speaks about George Washington, Ben Franklin & Jonathan Edwards & how each of them set out to intentionally improve their thinking and thought process so that they would both honor God AND move the idea of liberty (and in Edward’s case, the Gospel too) forward. It’s a zipped folder containing 6 mp3’s which formulate the talk. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zeqrbnxe59e3ebf/13%20Resolutions.zip

Talk is, as they say,cheap. We must walk our talk. Taking back the country is a nice catch-phrase. But what's the action plan?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2013, 05:59:35 PM »
UPDATE:  O'Connell was on with Hannity this afternoon.  He said after his Facebook post, stating he would remain open, the Park Police showed up and have barricaded entry to his parking lot with their cars, red lights on and all.

Let all of this be a reminder that your average government employee who, you know, "just needs a job" is complicit in this bullsh*t. I know not literally every single one of them are bad, but the bulk of them seem to be willing to do whatever they're told -- even asinine things like spending time and money to barricade things in this absurd shutdown theater.

So let's see: we are to believe that the government shutdown has produced a temporary budget crisis, and therefore the prudent response is not to leave things like monuments and privately-operated facilities alone (i.e. things that don't have operational overhead) but to instead create new overhead out of thin air and expend time and resources above and beyond the norm just to block people from using these things?

This is Obama being that lifeguard who would make all the kids get out of the pool for the "adult swim" even when there were no adults there to use the pool.

- Yours Truly