Author Topic: Pet Peeves - What's yours???  (Read 18287 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Pet Peeves - What's yours???
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 10:48:19 PM »
Back to Nimrod.  Before his involvement with the tower, as a young man he was a hunter.

Genesis 10:9
He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.

Apparently he lost his way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ETA:

Would it be correct to say, "The noxious Harry Reid makes me nauseated"?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:52:56 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline sablegsd

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 11:55:59 PM »
Barack Hussein Obama's sibilant "S". The way his head moves back and forth between the right and left teleprompter. The way he tilts his head and puts his nose in the air. The way he drops consonants when he talks to Blacks. The shape of his head. The look on his face. His woman's bottom jaw, her fat ass, and people fawning over her toned arms.

I'll think of more later.
::bows:: ::bows::

::USA::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2011, 10:32:38 AM »
(One) of my pet peeves is the HOV lane.....First, we don't need it, but since we are stuck with it, why is the HOV lane ALWAYS the far left lane? Move the HOV lane to the right side of the interstate. Ass clowns.

Also, it is not "HOV" 24/7, so quit lookin at me funny as I blast past you during non HOV time....Assclown.

And please, all you states north of Tennessee...The left lane is the passing lane, not the stroll down the interstate lane at 60MPH. Get the hell out of that lane.... I swear, I don't see how some get off the interstate since thier wheels never leave the left lane...Stupid assclowns.

People from Michigan seem to be the worst, followed closely by Kentuckians. If you are black and from Michigan, the left lane is not your personal domain. Get out of it. Yes, it was my truck on your bumper.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2011, 11:42:01 AM »
Ha! So your area hasn't (yet) learned the joys of "HOT" lanes.

HOT lanes (High Occupancy Toll) are HOV lanes that single occupant drivers can "buy" access to use. In this variation of the HOV scam (And it is a scam) identified HOV lanes are also open (at times) to single occupant drivers who utilize a transponder on their vehicles. Even though the lane is physically next to the open lanes of traffic, a series of double white lane dividers isolates it from the general flow of travel. At intervals designed by pinheaded morons, these double white lane dividers give way to dotted lines, indicating that it is OK to enter or exit the HOV lane. If you are caught entering or exiting anywhere but these intervals you get a $124 fine.

The rules and restrictions are way too numerous to list here. If you want to read some absolute bullsh!t leftist feel-good propaganda, check out their page: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Tolling/SR167HotLanes/default.htm

It does not promote safety, it does not reduce traffic, it does increase hostility in traffic, and it's main purpose is the same as every other leftist scheme - to separate dollars from the hapless.

I guess in the final analysis my "favorite" peeve is moronic dhimmicrats.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2011, 12:12:49 PM »
Yesterday, as I was traveling to Nashville, driving properly in the right lane until passing, traffic is snarled by one of these (so called) smart cars.....Predictably, in the left lane. Complete with eco sticker.

Which brings me to another pet peeve. Death traps on the road. Smart cars. First of all, why in the hell do you believe you are smart driving one of these tin cans in traffic? You couldn't survive an accident with a mototcycle. No matter how many air bags (pun intended) you put in this thing, in an accident, you lose.

Don't get me started on the volt.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2011, 12:25:56 PM »
PD - I hear ya about those dumb smart cars!!
Actually, they serve as a good way to ID the morons!! If we ever need to ....
Nevermind..
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2011, 12:45:58 PM »
People.

Stupid people.

Thanks for clarifying!   ;)

And I might add, probably goes beyond a mere peeve...any law or regulation that deviates from the original intent of the Founders and the Constitution.

I'd be here all day if I had to list specifics!  Stupid people and those who do damage to our Founding principles covers a lot of ground!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Thresherman

• Likes the place
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2011, 12:59:50 PM »
People.

Stupid people.

Thanks for clarifying!   ;)

And I might add, probably goes beyond a mere peeve...any law or regulation that deviates from the original intent of the Founders and the Constitution.

I'd be here all day if I had to list specifics!  Stupid people and those who do damage to our Founding principles covers a lot of ground!

Actually, the motherload is stupid people who gather in crowds.  To call such people cattle is to insult the entire bovine species.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 01:04:49 PM by Thresherman »

Offline Thresherman

• Likes the place
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2011, 01:16:45 PM »
Other pet peeves:

"Hot Water Heater".  There is no such device, they are called water heaters, you don't need to heat water that is already hot.

"Much More"  I hate it when people day this, when you need more of something you just need more of something, not much more and if that doesn't make your point adequately, you can always use the old standby, a lot more.

"Whatcha Doin'?"  Do you not have eyes?  "Well I was trimming the hedge, but now that you asked I'm making an organic sculpture."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2011, 01:19:35 PM »
People.

Stupid people.

I'd be here all day if I had to list specifics!  Stupid people and those who do damage to our Founding principles covers a lot of ground!

Actually, the motherload is stupid people who gather in crowds.  To call such people cattle is to insult the entire bovine species.

The other "Herd"!

:P

Who want's to follow them into hell?!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Thresherman

• Likes the place
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2011, 01:25:22 PM »
People.

Stupid people.

The other "Herd"!

Not shown in the GIF is the sign reading:  Liberals - This way for Obamacare.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »
Other pet peeves:

"Hot Water Heater".  There is no such device, they are called water heaters, you don't need to heat water that is already hot.

"Much More"  I hate it when people day this, when you need more of something you just need more of something, not much more and if that doesn't make your point adequately, you can always use the old standby, a lot more.

"Whatcha Doin'?"  Do you not have eyes?  "Well I was trimming the hedge, but now that you asked I'm making an organic sculpture."

You just reminded me of the one that puts me into orbit!! The phone rings you answer"HELLO" and the idiot on the other end says,"oh your home" WTF did they call hoping not to find you? WTF is that??
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »
Or they ask "who is this" when you say hello.  What do you mean "who is this?"; who did you want to call?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Janny

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2011, 02:15:59 PM »
Thought of another one. The public restrooms, that have to accommodate for the handicapped. The handicapped stall is big enough to play a basketball game in, and the non-handicapped one(s) is/are so small that you practically have to step into the toilet to close the door.

Thank you, Americans With Disabilities act!  ::bashing::

Offline Janny

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2011, 02:17:45 PM »

The other "Herd"!

Not shown in the GIF is the sign reading:  Liberals - This way for Obamacare.

::hysterical::

Offline Magnum

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2011, 02:26:47 PM »
Whiny men!

I am employed by a local government entity and am in a laborers construction union (I apologize  ::praying::) .  We have great benefits and are paid well.  I try to be a hard worker and I enjoy a hard and busy day. I am treated wonderfully by my supervisors and have been rewarded for my work. However some of my fellow workers think they are getting screwed and are in a constant bit$h fest about their supervisors. They spend more time whining then they do getting any work done. They also worry about what others are doing instead of their task at hand. Its drives me nuts!!!!!!!!!

I also work part-time at nights at another job and I do a lot of driving. Most things about driving that could drive me to drink have already been discussed. However a few others;

Some drivers come within inches of an intersection before they apply their brakes to stop, scaring the crap out of me. My wifey sometimes does this and it irks me to no end.

Also many people around here do not know how to merge. Many too who have lived here all their lives still cannot drive in the snow and ice.  And finally I detest traffic signals that are placed on on-ramps to our freeways here………….. they make it a complete cluster firetruck during rush hour.

Oh and liberals……………. pretty much everything they say and believe annoys  ::cussing:: (use of other words that fit better here may incur the Lord’s wrath on me) me to no end………………………

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2011, 02:47:17 PM »
Additional pet peeves:

1) "press 1" or "press 2".
2) Calorie counts at fast food joints.
3) Telling me my coffee is hot.
4) The use of braille at drive up ATM's.
5) Automated responses
6) NBA, I don't care where lebron plays.
7) thug signs
8) thug shorts
9) thug hats
10) thugs
11) europe
12) sissies
13) cross dressers
14) sex changes
15) Jet skis (when fishin)
16) fishermen (when jet skiing)
17) Affliction (ok, some of it is cool, but not on fat chicks or fat guys)
18) spandex (see above)
19)CNN
20) BSNBC
21) Networks
22) revisionist history
23) islam
24) muslims
25) mrs obama doing NHL commercials
26) earth day
27) My wife telling me "maybe"

Basically, I have a pet peeve about everything.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
Additional pet peeves:

1) "press 1" or "press 2".
2) Calorie counts at fast food joints.
3) Telling me my coffee is hot.
4) The use of braille at drive up ATM's.
5) Automated responses
6) NBA, I don't care where lebron plays.
7) thug signs
8) thug shorts
9) thug hats
10) thugs
11) europe
12) sissies
13) cross dressers
14) sex changes
15) Jet skis (when fishin)
16) fishermen (when jet skiing)
17) Affliction (ok, some of it is cool, but not on fat chicks or fat guys)
18) spandex (see above)
19)CNN
20) BSNBC
21) Networks
22) revisionist history
23) islam
24) muslims
25) mrs obama doing NHL commercials
26) earth day
27) My wife telling me "maybe"

Basically, I have a pet peeve about everything.

I think that about covers it.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2011, 02:59:07 PM »
Don, #5 as relates to "menu trees".  I don't want to talk to your computer and I don't want to answer its questions; just hook me up to a human - where's the (press 1/press 2) BUTTON FOR THAT??! - and we'll be done in no time.

Plus, didja notice, if you give the computer your account or whatever numbers, as soon as you DO get a human, they ask you for the same information?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2011, 03:00:44 PM »
Yeah, add Indian Help Desks! They're terrible!!