Author Topic: flowers have a right to live  (Read 4807 times)

Offline whimsicalmamapig

flowers have a right to live
« on: September 14, 2013, 07:15:54 PM »
I read an article somewhere today that implied that a county in Colorado is going to entertain the submission of a law that would state the fact that flowers are living things and have a right to live.
I know this sounds strange but it is Colorado, but reading farther into the article, a certain group asserts that living things, both plants and animals have a right to protection from being killed.

my only question is just how far ahead did these tree-hugger types think this ahead.  Just what would be left for them to eat? stones? sand?

does anyone else find this an example of just what type of totally dysfunctional and detached individuals our current leftist culture is creating.

there is no purpose in even thinking about talking with people who start from this point. they are so far removed into their own version of life that commonality is non-existent.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: flowers have a right to live
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:35:25 PM »
Welp.... looks like my lawn needs mowing. I just love the collective cry of agony as their little wispy heads are ripped off and ground into mulch.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 07:41:55 PM »
  And I have a right to kill em all.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »
the flowers or the old flowerchildren?
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 07:49:41 PM »
So what about unborn babies?  Naaaah, they have no such rights. Just crush their skulls and vacuum them out. But a dandelion growing in a roadside ditch? Don't you dare touch it!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 08:43:19 PM »
I am not so concerned about their daffy idea to save the plants as I am about the bifurcation of this culture to the point that we don't even speak with the same reference points.

for example, my understanding of the bill of rights and the rights of free people in a federal republic are in no way similar to the "rights" that are claimed by those who do not even understand that we are not a democracy.

there has been a systematic and long-term agenda to undermine and re-edit what our citizenry understands as the principles on which this nation is based. Even my own son, who is quite politically aware, sometimes surprises me with some reference or understanding that he has garnered through the public school systems or the internet.  We cannot assume that we are all talking about the same thing.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 08:44:16 PM »
the flowers or the old flowerchildren?

Hippies suck flowers smell good,
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 09:17:13 PM »
for example, my understanding of the bill of rights and the rights of free people in a federal republic are in no way similar to the "rights" that are claimed by those who do not even understand that we are not a democracy.

A "Right" to the Left is justification to take by force or threat of force the production of some and redistribute it to others. under the Nazi principle of "Gemeinnutz geht vor eigennutz" and is a complete and total rejection of the idea that Individuals have inalienable rights - which end where other's rights begin, and which cannot morally be revoked by a government, even if that government is the result of a mob composed of a majority.  Its important to note this isn't a principle of the Left, because the left doesn't have principles.  Its simply a justification they provide for sacrificing the rights, property and freedoms of others in their lust for power. When a Majority votes to ban Gay Marriage, then the majority is to be ignored, an they will cite the conservative/libertarian version of rights to justify it. Of course, Gay Marriage, like any leftist agenda, isn't about securing a equivalent one-stop-shop civil contract for the gay community. Its about using the Marriage laws to force others to "Accept" (or act like they accept - for a liberal its the same thing)  the liberal agenda.  Its always about power and getting their way, and they see no need for any sort of logical consistency. They are sociopaths who will say anything,  lie, cheat, and steal to manipulate others into giving them what they want, voluntarily or involuntarily ( another distinction that is entirely beyond their comprehension) And while that sounds like hyperbole,  its really not.  Devise a test to see  if it is true and try it on your favorite liberal.  You will get a Harry Reid type answer ( Paying Taxes is Voluntary, but if you don't pay them there are consequences..which of course are methods of coercion and force, but that don't make anything involuntary.  )

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 09:22:55 PM »
I read an article somewhere today that implied that a county in Colorado is going to entertain the submission of a law that would state the fact that flowers are living things and have a right to live.
I know this sounds strange but it is Colorado, but reading farther into the article, a certain group asserts that living things, both plants and animals have a right to protection from being killed.

my only question is just how far ahead did these tree-hugger types think this ahead.  Just what would be left for them to eat? stones? sand?

does anyone else find this an example of just what type of totally dysfunctional and detached individuals our current leftist culture is creating.

there is no purpose in even thinking about talking with people who start from this point. they are so far removed into their own version of life that commonality is non-existent.
PETELT People for the Ethical Treatment of every Living Thing
Eat rocks and sand and when you really get hungry, count the now visible ribs if you don't faint form lack of carbs. These asshats are so f**king stupid it even makes Al Sharpton look intelligent.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 09:27:49 PM »
you are very correct about those who wish to transform this nation, they know exactly what they are doing, I am more concerned about the growing mass of the mis-educated who truly don't understand what they are shouting about.

take for instance the crowd that followed Gen. Petraeus on his way to teach at CUNY this week. They were shouting words that are the standard epithets of the left but if you could have stopped them and questioned them more deeply as to why they were shouting what they were it would most undoubtedly be reduced to some ideology that they were persuaded to adopt by their professors, not based on arriving at their opinions through research and experience.

these are the people who truly frighten me, those who do not know that they do not know....
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 11:12:04 PM »

So I'm having lunch with my parents. They have recently moved into an assisted living complex (actually very nice, mom had a stroke) I'm in their dining hall. They have fresh picked flowers on the tables and We are warned as the resident Eco nut enters and yes, she is complaining over gods dead creatures on the tables. Now, she is literally being ignored, but she plops down and I'm not kidding, looks my mom in the eye and asks her what she thinks of the staff killing all these flowers.( I was later told this is the lady's ritual for all newbies)  Now, my mom may have had a stroke, but she still has a sharp wit. She looked at her, with all sincerity, and requested her assistance in the garden to honor those murdered flowers by planting two for each death and she would happily accept her donation to the cause. The lady called the staff and said my mom was harrassing her...lol
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 11:21:28 PM »

So I'm having lunch with my parents. They have recently moved into an assisted living complex (actually very nice, mom had a stroke) I'm in their dining hall. They have fresh picked flowers on the tables and We are warned as the resident Eco nut enters and yes, she is complaining over gods dead creatures on the tables. Now, she is literally being ignored, but she plops down and I'm not kidding, looks my mom in the eye and asks her what she thinks of the staff killing all these flowers.( I was later told this is the lady's ritual for all newbies)  Now, my mom may have had a stroke, but she still has a sharp wit. She looked at her, with all sincerity, and requested her assistance in the garden to honor those murdered flowers by planting two for each death and she would happily accept her donation to the cause. The lady called the staff and said my mom was harrassing her...lol

I hope when she dies she's planted onsite underneath a cutting garden.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 06:21:07 AM »
Libiot nonsense.  Like those morons who claim carrots feel pain.  If carrots do feel pain, then I'm worse than Hitler, Stalin and Mao put together.

I'm an omnivore for a reason, and that includes eating some flowers (candied rose petals for one), or their buds (capers, e.g.).

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »
Maybe this is too simplistic but I always figured that if eating animals or plants was murder then God would have made that clear.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »
Blooming idiots do not.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »
These are probably the same people who regularly commit mass genocide of Cannabis sativa plants.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 11:23:54 AM »
These are probably the same people who regularly commit mass genocide of Cannabis sativa plants.

::laughonfloor::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 02:58:12 PM »
I slaughtered a whole bunch of non-hallucinogenic weeds at the lake...   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »

How do you sleep nights after a day of murder?? ::smallestviolin::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 06:33:13 PM »

How do you sleep nights after a day of murder?? ::smallestviolin::
At least you slaughtered them outright, I deprived a section of lawn of sunlight by placing a tarpaulin on them for the broken up concrete patio. Good thing I don't travel out of the country much lest I be charged and tried in the Hague.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.