Author Topic: Ted Cruz is Talking .....  (Read 5555 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Ted Cruz is Talking .....
« on: September 24, 2013, 05:56:26 PM »
Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, rose to speak on the Senate floor at 2:41 p.m.

He stood up in opposition to Obamacare, he said. And he said he would continue to speak until he could no longer stand. You can watch it live here:

Vid at link.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Ted Cruz is Talking .....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »
He's calling out the Republicans for wanting nothing more than a symbolic vote so they can go back to their voters and say, doggone it we tried! I did what you asked me to do!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 10:20:26 PM »
Krauthammered calling Cruz's effort is a "stunt".  So tired of Ruling Class/Neo-Con/RINO/AINO excrement!!!   ::gaah::

Yes, yes we know your losing playbook inside and out, up, down, all-around...there is no hill worth fighting or dying on you pathologically incompetent gutless weasels!

The GOP cannot die fast enough to save us from certain national suicide...

ETA - Ted is still rolling, God bless him!  Wish I could watch more, will have to get the highlights in the morning...but I'm tired and get up early!   :'(
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:11:12 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 12:31:48 AM »
I see, so what Cruz is doing is a "stunt". So what do you call what the fossilized mandarins elder statesmen are doing, instead? Hmmm....bending over and taking it up the backside once again, perhaps?

Republicans. They would rather lose in a genteel manner than to win if it means rocking some boats. I could not have more contempt for them. They simply must be destroyed. They will forever be the enemy among our encampment if we do not destroy them, and therefore a more insidious threat than the enemy on the other side of the battlefield.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 06:39:44 AM »
Still talking ....
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 06:57:37 AM »
God bless you sir.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 07:04:46 AM »
Must have ended early this morning...or the presscorpse gave up...

Anyway, searching for a full transcript, haven't found one yet...

It is ironic that progressives always cite as the greatest Senate filibusters of all time the likes of Strom Thurmond's 24 hour 18 minute record filibuster  opposing the 1957 Civil Rights Act or Senate Majority Whip Robert "Grand Kleegle" Byrd's 14 hour 13 minute filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

I'd say Ted Cruz kicked both their asses up and down Pennsylvania Avenue!  And at least Ted stood in opposition to something truly horrendous for America...but the Democrat-Media Complex will not ever characterize it that way.  All they'll do is parrot their masters BS - stunt, pointless, hurt his own party,extreme...blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda!

Really, this is all you need to know:

Hero -

Coward -

Jackass -

Boy Tyrant -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2431223/Ted-Cruz-vows-speak-longer-stand-rises-opposition-Obamacare.html

Whoa, still talking!  (That's why no transcipt yet!)

CSPAN2 Link! - http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

Go Ted, Go!  God Bless and Keep Going!!!

::whoohoo::   ::USA::   ::bustamove::   ::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 07:07:53 AM »

Cruz Eviscerates Obamacare, over and over and over...
Takes aim at fellow Republicans...
New Guard joins effort: Paul, Rubio, Lee...
'THIS IS LIFE AND DEATH'...
HOUR 18: 'Time to Make DC Listen'...
Reads Green Eggs & Ham on Senate Floor...
Obama: 'Unprecedented effort' to scare...
Internal Senate email warns lawmakers not to sign up yet...
Americans Turn on Washington; 68% Say Wrong Track in Poll...
HOUSE MAY DEMAND DELAY OF INDIVIDUAL MANDATE...
Would Save $35.4 Billion of Federal Budget...
C-SPAN LIVE...

Drudge

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 07:22:41 AM »
Father God, I pray that you bolster these men supernaturally, bring the words to their lips that you would have them say, and that in this fight, good would triumph over evil. Please God, help brave men and women rid us of this tyranny. Thank you for bringing us Ted Cruz in this time. Strengthen him in the face of the storm he faces. In Jesus' name, Amen.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 07:33:25 AM »
Father God, I pray that you bolster these men supernaturally, bring the words to their lips that you would have them say, and that in this fight, good would triumph over evil. Please God, help brave men and women rid us of this tyranny. Thank you for bringing us Ted Cruz in this time. Strengthen him in the face of the storm he faces. In Jesus' name, Amen.

And all God's people say "Amen!"!   ::praying::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 07:38:16 AM »
AMEN!

Thank you for that, IDP.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 07:40:45 AM »
Please convince Ted Poe to run against Cornym in his re-election bid in 2014.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 08:41:10 AM »
Within hours of Liz Cheney, now a candidate for the Senate in Wyoming, announcing her support of Ted Cruz’s filibuster, Senator Mike Enzi, who Cheney is primarying, took to the floor of the United States Senate and declared he stood with Ted Cruz.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/09/24/finger-lickin-frauds-2/

Hmmmmm .....

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 09:09:32 AM »

Amen!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 10:08:39 AM »
Cruz went on a break and Rubio is on now.

Reading the tweets CSpan is showing reminds me how stupid people are.  One person declared if CEOs would just cut their huge salaries everyone could afford healthcare!  ::bashing::  ::bashing:: ::bashing::

Cruz read an email last night from a woman who said she and her disabled husband haven't had insurance in 4 years.  She'd hoped Obamacare would allow them to get it.  But when she ran the numbers she discovered the cheapest plan that covers only 70% of costs would cost them $16,000 a year.  If they had $16,000 they already would have insurance!

::bashing::

I can't listen to this anymore.

edit:

Ok, I'm still listening.  Durbin is asking a question.  He's an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:13:11 AM by LadyVirginia »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 10:47:56 AM »
Durban tried to trap Cruz, but Cruz handed Durbin his head in a sh!tBag! and this after being up all night, he is still cogent and handing these dueschbags what they deserve!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 10:50:42 AM »
Durban tried to trap Cruz, but Cruz handed Durbin his head in a sh!tBag! and this after being up all night, he is still cogent and handing these dueschbags what they deserve!

In what way did Durbin attempt to trap him?

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 10:59:23 AM »
Durbin tried to make the point that Cruz himself has the cadilac insurance that congress enjoys while everyone else suffers with obamacare. An attempt to impugn Cruz's motives. Well, Cruz pointed out that although he is 'eligible' for the congressional cadilacs, he does not participate in it. In so doing, Dubin unwittingly admitted that the congress has cadilac insurance while they are serving up sh1t to the commoners, and Cruz pointed that out as well.

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 11:03:04 AM »
Looks like he is done.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »
he ran the clock out and now we have to see how our fellow GOP senators vote. Cornym, from Texas, was whipping up votes against Cruz, so he will be replaced here in Texas in 2014! I can only hope others will do the same for their respective state senators.